Complaint Handling Mechanism
- As per the Government of India’s resolution on “Public Interest Disclosure and Protection of Informers (PIDPI)”, the identity of the complainant is kept secret and is protected from victimization for making such complaints.
- Central Vigilance Commission (CVC) is authorized as the Designated Agency to receive written complaints under PIDPI Resolution. The complainants who want to make any complaint under PIDPI Resolution, the complaint should be in a closed /secured envelope and should be super-scribed “Complaint under Public Interest Disclosure” The complainant should give his/her name & address in the beginning or end of complaint or in an attached letter. Such complaints are opened in the confidential section and the identity of the complainant will not be revealed. The complaints which have been addressed to other /several authorities are not treated as complaint under PIDPI Resolution. If these procedures are not followed, the complaint made there under will be treated like a general complaint.
- The complainant should disclose his / her identity by giving name, address and contact phone / cell number, e-mail ID. Anonymous / pseudonymous complaints will not be considered. The identity of the complainant will be protected.
- Complaint may be lodged online, through email or by Dak (Post).
- No correspondence shall be entertained on the subject after lodging the complaint, unless required by the office. However, if any fresh facts are available with the complainant, he / she may communicate the same.
- The complaint should be specific, brief and factual with verifiable details. It should be supported by documentary evidence wherever possible. Complaint with irrelevant, vague, absurd or generalized allegations will be disposed as per the guidelines.
- In case it is found that the complaint was false / motivated and lodged with a view to harass the officials, suitable action may be taken against such complainant in accordance with the rule.
- Send email complaint to:firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
- Dak /Courier Complaint to the following address :
Chief Vigilance Officer (CVO)
Via Katipalla, Kuthethoor Post
Mangalore – 575030